1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S330 for snow?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by plowin-fire, Feb 12, 2012.

1. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Thinking of upgrading to a bigger unit soon. Wondering if anyone uses an S330 for snow or if its too big? Thinking the weight and power of the machine should push a 12' pusher no problem, Wanting something with high flow for snowblower, stump grinder, brushcutter, etc... 2 speed is going to be a must, Also need the lift capacity for summer jobs. Any thoughts or experiences with one? Or would a S300 have some advantages being slightly smaller?
  2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have seen people around here using s330's. Both guys use 100in snow buckets. I see no reason
    It wouldn't work fine, no matter what size machine I still think any larger than a 10ft box would be a little big
    For a skid. I do know they run a bigger tire than most large frame skids, and a different attachment
    Plate to compensate for the taller tires. Personally I would buy a 300 just because I think they are
    A GREAT machine but I don't think you could go wrong with either.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

The 300 and 330 are the same physical size. The 330 has a few extra hp and a little more lift but it weighs 1,000lbs more. The extra weight would help in the winter but hinder in the summer
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I know our 873 with the 10' box has been an absolute animal this season with the 10' pusher. I had my doubts starting thus season. Now to just find an operator to run it without destroying it. after seeing it I would have no resevations putting a 12' on a 10,000 lb machine. I was just talking to one of my guys yesterday about it, he was amazed at how well it did.
  5. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Anyone know the Hyd specs on both machines? I was thinking the S300 was 37gpm on high flow but couldnt find a spec on the S330.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Same hydro specs