1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S185 Questions???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by havenlax18, Feb 18, 2012.

1. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Why doesn't my horn work?
    Where can I buy a new left tail light bulb and lens?

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Why doesn't my horn work? It's broke

Where can I buy a new left tail light bulb and lens? Bobcat dealer

3. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

Above answer pretty much sums it up. But why buy a horn and tail light when you could come buy my S185 that is mint condition? Seems like the more practical idea.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

He could probably save about $7 on the bulb if he were to go to the auto parts store, but with the price of fuel.......:D

5. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Guys,to be exact the horn work but is very quiet and you only can hear it when you put your ear up to the foot pedals. Also is there a website I can buy the tail light because the closest dealer is 2 hours away?

6. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Do you think they would have the bulb?

7. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

I guess you never are going to know until you take the bulb out and go to the auto parts store now are you? They most likely will. A store like NAPA or Autozone generally carry utility lights and some small parts for a tractor. Plus you will probably save a good amount of money getting one from a auto store than you would if you bought it from the dealer. The dealer is going to sell you the same light but instead of coming from the manufacture of the light, they are going to sell you one that comes in a bobcat box and suddenly its going to be another $10

As far as the horn its probably just worn out. Pop that off and bring that with you autozone/napa will probably have something for you.

8. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

UPS works pretty good for OEM stuff from the dealer.