1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S175- Snow pusher or Snow plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by northwest lawn, Mar 29, 2006.

1. northwest lawn

northwest lawn Junior Member
    from toledo

i want to purchase a bobcat s175 from the local rental shop was curious to know which would be better off a snow pusher or a snow plow and what size. thanks for the advice

2. BDB

BDB Senior Member

It really depends on what you are doing with it...carrying snow, plowing or stacking it. You may like a snow bucket. Or a blizzard plow. Make a push plate attachment for a plow (if you have an old one or a back up)that you can mount to the truck or the Skid. Best thing if you get a plow (maybe add wings for carrying) is to stay to the same brand on trucks and skid so you can have spare parts and you know how to fix them!

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I bought my 773G from united rentals. We put a 8' protech on it. It smoked two plow trucks on the same lot.

A snow pusher is your best bet.

4. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Sorry to toss it up here but I'm selling a 2003 S175...if you're interested let me know :)

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I would highly recommend the Blizzard skid steer model. This way you will have both a pusher and a plow.

I do not have one, although when I do put a skid steer on a plowing route someday, it will have a Blizzard on it.

6. northwest lawn

from toledo

is the 773G comparable to the s175?

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, same thing.

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Only if it had the non turbo engine (46hp) and no counter weight.
    The turbo (56HP) and counter weight version is the same as the S185:nod:

9. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

to small for a pusher better off with the blizzard i got a blizzard on the 185, it helps with snow roll having that wing because you go so slow a regular blade gets alot of snow trail on the outer edge.

10. northwest lawn

from toledo

thanks guys you gave some great advice