1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat s175 electric problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mtalonm, Sep 18, 2015.

1. mtalonm

mtalonm Junior Member

So the bucket stopped moving. After some time of frustration and searching forums I found that it could be a fuse. The fuse for switched attachments. Replaced it and it worked fine. After two weeks it blew again. When i tried to replace it the second time, it blew at contact. So i'm guessing there is a constant short somewhere. I followed a huge bundle of wires coming from the fuse box, but couldn't find any visible wire damages or shorts. Do you guys have an idea what and where the problem is?
    Thanks in advance.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Honestly, somewhere in the wiring.
    Start tracing wires. Important places to look...around metal parts, moving areas, places commonly used...I.e. like air filter box, dipstick, where the wires go through the cab etc.

3. mtalonm

mtalonm Junior Member

Ok,
    Found a wire with damaged isolation. Fixed it. The fuse doesn't blow anymore. But the hydraulic system doesn't engage.