1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S130

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by tha_lildude, Sep 8, 2009.

1. tha_lildude

tha_lildude Member

Hello all. I just bought a Bobcat S130 from ebay and am waiting for it to be shipped here. Was wondering what kind of plow box i can put on this and what your opinions are on this unit for anyone that has used it. It has a 49 horse diesel motor.

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

That is a light machine, I would try to do something to add weight (wheel weights, or bolt on weights)
    that being said If your going to run a box it will need to be a small one(maybe 6feet?) I would go with a blade not a box but thats me.
    robert

3. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

That's a very small loader for a pusher box. Maybe it can handle a box I have never seen one on a unit that size.

4. tha_lildude

tha_lildude Member

i still havent technically paid for the item, i may tell him i wont pay unless he accepts paypal cause he doesnt accept paypal.

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Well if you look at the Snow pusher on bobcat site. they say s130 will work with an 8 foot but that might be at the extreme limit, I would personally say. Don't see any reason a six foot would not be a problem, or an 7 foot plow, instead of pusher.

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I vote for the 7ft plow, would kick A$$ on sidewalks :}

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

8ft box would be to much for that thing....a 7ft plow wouldwork, but that would probably be its limit.....I would do some searches on Skid Steer plows here on Plowsite.....getting a plow that can float on its own seperate from the machine when you want it to, will greatly increase its pushing abilities & cleaning abilities. I have ran a 130 a few times and felt that they have WAY more power than traction or weight....so adding some weights would help tremendously, along with snow tires.

8. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Motor HP is low and initial torque is compromised with a box.
    6" foot plow w/ quik detach plow wings... even with the plow angled; most walks cleared in one pass.

9. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Well if you saw he didn't accept paypal before your kind of screwed there...but I would have looked into what you were buying before you bought it! I think a S130 is too small for anything really maybe a smaller plow

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How does the implement impact the motor performance?

11. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Read the rules on ebay on scams.I would never by a machine on ebay without physically looking at it. He doesn't accept paypal, how does he want you to pay for it? Check or western union? Do not buy machine. Scamm!!!! I'm sure price is great and the machine looks great from pictures. Common scam on ebay.

12. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

2CORE517,

Thanks for the question, I realized after posting I was thinking of the 36" wide machine a/k/a former 443 with 40+hp; I think its S-110.
    Personal experience, I would probably not use any push box with a skid steer unless two speed for the locations we handle.

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

:confused:

14. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

In looking at the specs for the S130, they're similar to the 763 F I used to plow with. The only major difference I noticed (which may be a big deal) is the wheel base is shorter on the 130. I used to push a 8'6" Western Pro plow that I had mounted to the 763 years ago. I spent about 5 years (along time ago :dizzy:) plowing with a 773 with a 7'6" plow with wings, & after that was wrecked, a 9' Snow Wolf skid plow. Never really any problems seeing they were only low speed machines. The one thing I would add though, which is extremely important with any skid, is we always had excellant tires for the plowing season. This will make the difference between production & literally just spinning in your tracks.

15. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I had a 753 which is the same as the S130, but the 753 was 42.5hp. I used a 78" snow bucket on it which was the right size for a bucket. With wet snow it was tippy though. I never ran a plow or box on it, just remember it's a small machine.