1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S-590 top speed?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by erkoehler, Nov 26, 2015.

1. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

We are running two bobcat S590 units and everything online shows the two speed option supposedly doing 11mph.

Both of my units top out at 6-7mph with the two speed engaged. You can feel the speed increase when engaging the two speed so I know it is working. Any ideas or things that I can check to troubleshoot?

Machines have been fully serviced and have no codes.

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Tire sizes factory or different? What's top speed in low range?

I demo'd an s590 over the summer, with base option tires and it did 11 mph.
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Something is very wrong...that is about what it should being going in 1rst gear....not 2nd.

Has your dealer looked into the issue?

ours does 11mph as well(w/factory tires).....12 w/ snow tires
  4. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Could be as simple as turning up the speed setting option in the digital display. We did this with our single speed T590 since two speeed wasn't available on them yet. Its not as fast as a two speed but we definately maxed out our single speed.
  5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I ran a t300 all day one day and didn't know that. About an hour left of work o figured that out. I was so happy after that lol
  6. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Anyone have info on how to change the speed setting? Picking up a single speed 590 next week and wouldnt mind a few more mph's
  7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

How do you do this?