1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat S-185

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by turfmasters, Nov 11, 2013.

1. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

I have a 2013 BobCat S185 skid steer with single speed. I have been looking at Protech and ScoopDog 8 ft push boxes for this unit. The runs are 300 ft and some are 500 feet long. Is this a good idea to purchase or am I going to be pissing in the wind with my 61hp single speed? We would be pushing every 3-4 inches if this helps. Thanks!

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Just wondering why you would get a single speed machine?

3. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

It is used for winter only to load salt into trucks.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

To answer your question, yes it would work but not ideally. If traction became a problem, you could added weights.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Ok. I wouldn't bother with it. There are a lot of things that machine will do well, but pushing a 8' box 3-500 ft aint one of them. Maybe if time is no concern.

6. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

You can adjust the speed on the bobcats. They come from the factory set to go faster in reverse. You could it servicable if you need another piece of equipment for back dragging, stacking and short runs.

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

At Pro Tech site look at the 3in 1 Sno Blade 7.6 model This blade will angle so you get 400 ft in your pushing and start to spin out you can angle it and let some snow out

My skid isn't much bigger then yours This is what I went with