1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat problem

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bernieb, Jul 18, 2007.

1. bernieb

bernieb Junior Member

I've borrowed my brothers bobcat for a small earth moving job and after a bit of hitting the wrong pedals a time or two I got the hang of it but, started out just once in a while the pedals seemed locked but after shutting down and re-starting the pedals worked fine but now the pedals are locked all the time. This is a toyota 8 sok a skid steer loader and a model 2sdk3 .My brother has not been keeping up the maintenance on this , so i'm going to try to bring it up to date. My brother lost his leg in this unit about five years ago and it's not seen much duty.The five foot wide scoop was loose and he tried kicking it in place .....I know ,but .... happens. thanks for any ideas.
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I have never actually ran a toyota skid but it sounds like you have a safety switch acting up. Most loaders have a switch on either the seat belt or on a bar that pulls down. On a new holland if your belt isn't locked or the safety switch fails it will lock out the boom functions. I am sure it is a stupid electric problem( bad sensor/switch ) but like I said eariler I have never used a toyota to know how it is set up. Good luck !!!