1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat points ignition

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hydro_37, Jul 22, 2009.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a Bobcat 610 with the Wisconsin VH4D engine in it and it has the points ignition. Does anyone know of a electronic ignition kit to get rid of the points?
    Thanks
    I posted this in the heavy equip forum because I didn't know which forum would get me more responses.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might try small engine and mower parts places on the internet. They help me find stuff for engines like that.

3. hydro_37

from iowa

Thanks Micki. The local Bobcat dealer has it listed I found out today. He was cheaper then anything I have found online.

4. MickiRig1

The place I go to told me if it mow's, moves / digs in dirt or handles material. They have or can get parts for it. But, I also live in a heavy industrial area so there is all kinds of places to find " stuff ".

5. hydro_37

from iowa

I ordered a kit today and it should be here Tues. Will post after intall about how it went.Thanks

6. MickiRig1

How old is that bobcat? The last thing I had with points was a 1982 Craftsman mower.

7. hydro_37

from iowa

Late 60's early 70's
    I hardly ever use it and the price was very cheap. Just nice to have sitting around tho.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are they easy to get to? I know a fellow that has a JD 170 Skid Steer like mine, but with the Wisconsin V4. Said it took almost a day to put points in. I guess I'm glad mine was switched to the Isuzu diesel. But I might be doing a ring job someday......

9. hydro_37

from iowa

Put the kit in mine and it took about 45 mins. Machine fired up instantly and has a bunch more power.
    Wish I would have made the switch a long time ago.
    Just get the dist number and take it to a Bobcat dealer and they can get the kit ordered. I got the Pertronics kit for mine. Put in their high voltage coil too.