1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat plow ?'s

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rob_cook2001, Nov 19, 2008.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Hey guys
    I am picking up a new bobcat S300 Friday or Monday :drinkup:
    Have everything figured out except which blade to go with. There making me a good deal on whichever i get so i will buy from them but i can go with there standard duty 96in or a 108inch V blade. I want the v blade but it would be nice to save some cash. Is the standard duty going to hold up to alot of use(not abuse).
    I just don't know if it worth the extra $1200 for the V blade.
    Help me decide please.
    Robert

2. rob_cook2001

anyone??? Just want opinions before I blow some money.

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I have a standard blade on my machine and it does well but a vblade or a blizzard would be totally worth the upgrade for you.
    I will not have any problem pushing, you have so much weight behind you.
    You could add wings to the straight if you want to save the cash or
    I pusher might be more reasonable?

I made a straight blade to keep the costs down, before that I used a bucket with a replacable cutting edge

I think I will actually look at a pusher next year, cause with a quick tach pusher I dont have to get out of the cab to switch to a bucket to load a load of sand vs a plow where you have to unhook the hoses and with the additional contracts that I have I need to move alot of snow a far strech and from what I am hereing they are a great option.

Did you get 2 speed.
    if you dont mind me asking what did a new one go for. dad thinks we should trade in.
    im a keep it forever guy and just buy a new one.

4. rob_cook2001

I would go with a pusher but I Need to do alot of backdragging and long country driveways.
    It is a A91 package so it has 2speed, cab,heat,ac and selectable controls with a 80inch toothed bucket for $40,900

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

just a fwiw...you can get a backdrag blade for the top of a pusher

6. TBarOMT

TBarOMT Junior Member
    from Montana

I feel bad now.... Have a quote ticket for a s300 w/a91 package, selective joysticks for $38139. BUT I am trading a 07 Deere 325 w/700 hours for that price. Thinkin I am getting screwed

7. rob_cook2001

i would say so lol

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

its crazy some markets right now. some places are giving things away others are still holding their prices.

sometimes its better not to trade.

pusher with a backdrag is what I want

9. TBarOMT

TBarOMT Junior Member
    from Montana

I had a 8' FFC pusher /w back drag bar and rubber cutting edges but did not like it. Found in wet snow my skiddy would just spin out. Bought a 9' Deere blade and put modifyed pro wings (made wings out of 1/4" steel so they would not bend when hitting curbs and such) and cut my plow time in half over the pusher. Plus with the plow, I can do driveways or roads and lots with no problems. My $.02...... still pulling what hair I have, out over the S300 Bobcat pricing in Colorado....

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  10. TBarOMT

TBarOMT Junior Member
    from Montana

Hey Rob, how bout those bobcat finance rates? thinkin no one can touch them, that is the main reason I am not looking at Deere this time around

11. rob_cook2001

Thats one reason i am not waiting until spring lol 1.9 for 60months :yow!::bluebounc

So you guys really think it is that good of a price???

12. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

For a skid steer you're definitely going to want something that will contain snow. A wing kit will be a must for a straight blade or the v-plow would work. In my experience with a skid, a v-plow wouln't be as effective. A straight blade with wings will hold more snow. We have a Daniels straight blade with pusher kit and love it. It was a little pricey, but well worth it. The wings are virtually indestructible. If you hit a curb, they just fold back to the blade.

13. TBarOMT

TBarOMT Junior Member
    from Montana

On my contract, for $955 more they can buy down the finance contract to 0% for 60 month with Bobcat paying half and the dealer buying half (Tier 2 finance) which is really past down to me (477.55).So for an extra $80 per year, or $7/ month, I get the 0% too. My biannual payment is $3813. Does your dealer have another S300 and does he want a Deere 325???

14. TBarOMT

TBarOMT Junior Member
    from Montana

That is a good price. The unit I am eyeing is a new hold over 07. Dealer said if I want a 08 or 09, with all the price increases the price would be about 5 grand more. Just wondering what your dealer would sell an A300 for, I think that would be the caddy of all skiddys.

15. rob_cook2001

I know for a A300 the price goes WAY up

16. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i'm guessing the FFC had skids on it which doesn't allow for down pressure like your deere blade probably did. i guess i prefer the Kage , Virnig and Arctic pushers for that reason..ability to apply down pressure

17. zigzag82

zigzag82 Junior Member

I have found that if you have a lot of plowing of diveways and then a lot or two it is slower to do the lot with just the plow. So I saw the snow wolf fasttach, this blade has a no touch removable box push. I made one to fit my Rylind.

Take a look and see what I am talking about.
    http://www.taletattachments.com/files/SnowWolf 2008 Catalog_3.pdf

18. rob_cook2001

how hard is it to put wings on a bobcat 8ft standard plow guys???

19. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

20. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

i love the Snow Wolf plow we have just the regular yellow straight plow.... i want to get the pusher that you can take on and off the straight plow that would be really nice for the town homes i do.....