1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat no strart

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bad93blaster, Feb 23, 2014.

1. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

i have a 93 753 bobcat it wont start. I started it pulled it out of the garage move some snow piles around shut it off. cleaned the garage some went to pull it back in and no start. starter was replaced last year there it power to main stud of the starter. I pulled the signal wire cleaned it put it back on. there is no solenoid click or anything. is there a common problem? is there a fuse panel anywhere? any ideas?

thanks adam

2. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

If you have correct voltage at the starter and the starter doesn't engage than it's probably safe to say the starter is bad.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You could always connect one end (+)pos of your jumper cables to the battery, then touch the other end to the Pos(+) stud on the starter.
    if nothing, then, replace the starter.

If it turns over it's something else.

if you need to use it turn the key on and jump the starter.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

check safety switches, ie do you have a bar that needs to be down..

5. MuellerMarine

MuellerMarine Junior Member

Been reading the forum for quite a while and figured id jump in on this one. Hope I can help you out... Well here it goes there should be a fuse panel between your legs typically in the bobcats. Right on the seat post. If you have b+(battery voltage) at the main pos termal then check for voltage at signal termal and work your way up the starter circuit. If you have no relay click I wold be looking in that direction. Check fuses first then go after your start relay. I will see if I can dig up a schematic for you.

6. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Jump the starter. Do it like it has been suggested. I have a 753 C series and a 873 F series. Both of these have there fuses located in the engine compartment. They are ether on the left or right of the motor about 10-12" up from the floor of the compartment. They have black covers on them. Kinda sound like a fuse to me.

7. precisioncare

precisioncare Junior Member
    from NY

Just had the same problem, it ended up being a relay...that was my personal problem, maybe yours is different