1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat- need help!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Bigplower, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

So i just bought a bobcat from a member here today. It worked great when i test drove it, but i got it back and hooked up a plow to see how it looked and the boom went straight up in the air automatically and also tilted back so i almost couldn't get out of the cab. After about a half hour of trying to figure it out I noticed that you could get a little response from it at a very low idle. So with a very low idle i could curl the plow back and then slowly down, but as soon as you turned the throttle up the boom slowly went back up. Any help???? Please??

2. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

oh, and its an 2001 T190 with the gold package... foot and hand controls and i did try both.

3. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

Give me a call. 989 213 8091

4. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

sounds like the hydro controlls need adjusted?

5. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

there is a way to calibrate the hand controlls but I cant remember
    something like hold the right hand in and then grab the left hand in and turn on the machine

might be the actuators going. I had that happen. if you ever have to there is a boom lower plunger on your right side by your thigh. you pull it and the boom lowers. however if your bucket is curled it wont help much.

6. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

local dealer said they thought it might be the aux. valve.... so i guess it goes in this week. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking actuator as well. When mine went the boom wouldn't go up then it would slam down. The actuator was $600 and rather easy to replace.

Is your machine throwing any codes? I'd start there.

8. machocheese

machocheese Junior Member

Sounds like the lift spool is stuck... the actuator could be causing this or debris... either way your local dealer will be able to diagnos and fix it.