1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat mt52 snow blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ByDesign, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Anyone have experience with a blade on a mt52? I just picked up a 2012 mt52 with 145 hrs on it, and would love to throw a blade on it and park it somewhere for the winter.

Looking for opinions, do's/don'ts and general info on this machine. I have used one for landscaping for years, but playing in the snow with it is a different story!

Thanx,

ByDesign

2. 03fordboss

03fordboss Member
    from Iowa

Any pics???

3. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Past employer; we demo'd a V-Blade on our MT-50. It wasn't worth it. By the time you got done fighting the curb cuts, building entrances, corners and grass it was just easier to use a snowblower. Too much snow and you'd start spinning the tracks.

The company I work for now has several sidewalk crews and two of them use Toro Dings; one with a straight blade and one with a V-Blade. However, these properties have straight runs they can dump the snow into the lots for the plow trucks.

I suppose it all depends on where you're using the machine. Those are my experiences; Personally, I'd keep it home for the winter and out of the salt. If I did opt to use it, I don't think I would shell out the extra $$ for a V-blade.

4. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Ill try and snap some pictures tomorrow, its being used on site all the time so I always forget.

5. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

We have a blade for ours but we always use an oversize bucket in stead. The blade was too small for most of our sidewalks. Not sure about a blower for one have never used it.

6. Jim74

Jim74 Member

What about about a broom or blower attachment for it?

7. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

I don't think we get the consistent deep amount of snow to justify a blower, and i'm afraid a broom wouldn't work when we get the larger storms.

8. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

We use ours for bad ice storms. I think a blower would be the best attachment. With a blade, the sides get built up to much.

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

We tried this setup a few yrs back(MT 52 w/4ft bobcat snow plow). The MT dosent have enough speed to roll snow, or even get it to move to the side. Traction was very poor also.

I'd go with a 3ft blower or high capacity bucket...preferably the blower.