1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BobCat Model 440 Snow removal

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DodgerFan, Jan 10, 2010.

1. DodgerFan

DodgerFan Senior Member

What do you guy's think of this model ? I don't know anything about skidloader's. I would like to use it mainly for snow removal but maybe some light work during the summer. The guy want's $5000, it has a 42" bucket and a snow blade, 17 HP Kohler gas, new tires, wheels & has been sandblasted and painted. I can't remember how many hours.

Thanks for all your help !

2. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Make sure you can get parts for the Kohler. I had a 720 for awhile with a VH4D 29 hp +- & Parts can be kinda hard to get for the older engines. Even Bobcat was ?? about ordering engine parts. good luck

3. DodgerFan

DodgerFan Senior Member

Thanks ! Never thought about that.

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

worked on them before, the good news, it is very easy, and to be honest if you need a engine, you can buy a complete one, for a good price

5. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

What part of Iowa? I grew up around Monticello in NE IA. Theirs a dealer in Farley or Dyersville, I believe that my Dad goes through for service on his 743 Schermans I think it is... 5K sounds a bit high, but I sold my 720 for $7K to some Mexicans who were taking it south of the border ussmileyflag

6. DodgerFan

DodgerFan Senior Member

Central Iowa, & I think your correct, it's a bit high. It looks good but I think it's like an old stripper (rode hard and put up wet with a make over) Thanks