1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Loader Plowing Snow (Pics and video)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TomG, Jan 25, 2011.

1. TomG

TomG Member

2. TomG

TomG Member

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nice looking machine. What kind of tires do you have on it? My dads been looking for some. They seem to do well in the snow.
  4. TomG

TomG Member

Thanks, I'm not positive on what kind of tires they are but I will check them tomorrow and get back to you. I do know we got them from our local Bobcat dealership, and these are by far the best tires we have ever had for plowing on this machine.
  5. JerseyGreen

JerseyGreen Junior Member

i really like that bobcat
  6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thumbs Up Those machines are rarely seen, but you seem to make good use of it.....suprised you dont run a pusher on it.
  7. TomG

TomG Member

Yes extremely rare, I have never seen another one in person. And only a few in pictures.

We mostly use the machine to push windrows that the truck makes, to push back snow banks and do snow removal. We don't use it for normal "plowing" so that's why we don't have a pusher for it. We used to have a pusher for it but we found we used the bucket more often than the pusher because of the volume of snow we were trying to push. It was just to much weight for the machine to handle. So why spend the money on a pusher when you can only push what the bucket can hold.
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

9. TomG

TomG Member

Those would be them Thumbs Up Thanks!
  10. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We have a light material snow bucket on an s 175 and that is so versatile in moving snow.
  11. 95trd

95trd Junior Member
    from Pa

You wanna buy another one? Its got about 800hrs on it, 3 buckets, forks, and backhoe. I bought a cat 420 and its just a smidge quicker.
  12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Post some pics. I wanna see it.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks fun lol. nice pictures
  14. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

does bobcat still make thoes??
  15. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

I thought I was the only one with a 2410. They are awesome for push backs. We use ours to load the sanders and for push backs. Bobcat does not make them any more. I think they stopped in 93.
  16. TomG

TomG Member

Wait... what??? I thought we had the only one in NH??? haha, Where are you located and what company do you work for or own? If you don't want to tell the world send me a pm.
  17. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Nice machine :salute:

I plowed with a 2410 when I was a college kid at the U of MN. It was a beast and I've tried to find one to purchase ever since I could afford to do so. I found a 2400 on Craig's List a couple months ago but it was junk.

You could easily push a 10' box with that unit in case you'd ever want to get away from the bucket :nod:
  18. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

That's pretty neat, it definitely has a bit of speed to it!

I like the strobes in your clearance lights on your cab-over too.
  19. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Do you have any trouble getting parts for that machine? There have been a couple smaller ones popping up for sale around here lately, but I've heard they are hard to get parts for.
  20. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Hey I see you're in MN too...if you're referring to the machine in Winona I checked it out and it's JUNK. Don't even waste your time.