1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat issues

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by dmelicious, Jul 24, 2005.

1. dmelicious

dmelicious Junior Member

hey all, well i borrowed an older bobcat from my bud and she broke on me. it ran fine for the first hr. or so, than the throttle control went down, and wouldnt function, it woulld idle than die. i pulled the main fuel line and stuck it in a can of diesel and it ran fine. and while running i saw that nothing was coming out of the main feed line from the tank. i blew through the line with the compressor and it bubbled the inside of the tank, so i dont think the line is clogged. is there a fuel pump in the tank, or a check valve hidden? i am not familliar with these so any help is greatly appreciated. so i feel the problem is from the tank to the fuel filter, since it will run fine on an alternate fuel source. please help. dan
  2. bobcat

Dirty Fuel Filter...... :waving:
  3. dmelicious

dmelicious Junior Member

is there a filter in the tank or line? because i have a filter on the face of the motor, and the fuel is not making it to the filter.
  4. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Could there be multiple filters? Did you run it out of fuel? If you ran it dry, there is a need to prime it again. Does it have fuel? I have a fuel guage. . .but it doesn't work. lol
  5. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

There are soleniods in line to shut off the fuel. On our older machines they go bad from time to time Just an idea...