1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat heavy duty snow plow.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rob_cook2001, Feb 18, 2011.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Well I have been waiting to see a bobcat Heavy duty blade before buying a snow wolf....Now I think I may actually be buying another bobcat blade.
    The one in the pics is a 8ft that was sitting on the lot. I think I will be ordering a 9ft blade and a 10ft pusher.
    Sorry for the large pics guys.

heavy duty plow 1.jpg
  2. rob_cook2001

A few more.

heavy duty plow 2.jpg

heavy duty plow 3.jpg
  3. rob_cook2001

Almost done. If I am going to post pics might as well post a few.

heavy duty plow 4.jpg

heavy duty plow 6.jpg
  4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Is the slot for the bolt/pin so the blade will tilt a little bit? I've never seen one like that.
  5. rob_cook2001

Yes, the slot is for ossilation..... Ya i can't spell lol.
  6. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Slick idea assumming it does not wallow out.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thanks for posting these RobThumbs Up As you know, I have been anxious to see one of these in person.....or some good pics of one. DEFINITELY beefier than the reg BC blades, and (imo) look better built than the Kage or Snow Wolf. The size of that ram is insane, no wonder it only needs 1. BTW, I think you'll be happier with the 9 over the 8. Keep us posted !

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

so the black is full trip and the orange is trip edge?

whats the price $

I like the orange and if they had clip on end plates that would be awesome.
    plow mode.... go go gadget pusher mode.
  9. rob_cook2001

Your right Midtown. I have one of the 8ft black ones (light duty) and I don't like it at all because it has no ossilation so it eats through cutting edges. And for some reason when it trips it is pretty violent, if your not wearing a seat belt you might eat the windshield lol If I buy the bobcat blade I am going to have a friend fab up a set of wings like the snowwolf wings.
  10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Rob, why a 9' plow and a 10' pusher. If you need both why don't you get a Kage or Snow Wolf? Just curious as to your reservations about the 2. Bobcat plows look well built, I don't think you can go wrong with them, but switching between the pusher and plow will be a PITA, not to mention getting both to the job site. Also, what kind of money are you talking for both, $8-9k?
  11. rob_cook2001

I will be buying both because I will be putting the pusher on my S300 and the plow on a S205. I really like the snow wolf, don't get me wrong. The one thing I like about having the pusher and plow is that if the plow breaks you can throw the pusher on and get back to work. If the snow wolf breaks your plow and pusher are both down. I do believe if the machine is working on it's own a Snow wolf/kage system will be more productive than anything else.
  12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I gotcha. I didn't know you had the S205. Sounds like a good plan. I always have the snow bucket for backup, seems small now, I'm buying a bigger one next year.
  13. rob_cook2001

I don't have the S205 yet, but will before next season.
  14. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Thats how you build a plow. I like how the springs are enclosed. Thats a beefy plow. it almost looks like a modified dozer blade. Hope everything works out well for you!
  15. rob_cook2001

I almost forgot until you said something about a dozer blade. They come with 2 pins to pin the trip system so you can use it as a dozer blade!! Doubt I would ever use it for that but if they say you can do this I would think it can hold up to some abuse.
  16. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Those look nice. I just might have to price one out for next season.
  17. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

that is beautiful, all the way bobcat
  18. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

In the Bobcat buyers guide we get they say that they are selling optional bolt on side plates to turn it into a pusher
  19. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

i really like the trip edge version of it. i like how all the springs are nicely enclosed. what does that red on run cost wise?
  20. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I have the 8 ft standard duty Bobcat blade used on my S205. I have the optional removable side plates on it as well. It could be built stronger but thats why they sell the heavy duty plow I guess. The optional sides dont take alot of abuse either. It doesnt take much to bend the braces on those. I broke the cutting edge twice. It is too thin. It needs too be 1/2 thick.