1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Fuel System Question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Kubota 8540, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Changing the filters and fluids on another contractors Bobcat S185. I finished with the hyd fluid / filter. Changed the engine oil and filter. Next I start on the fuel filter, its stuck on abnormally well, but a little gentle nudge it comes off, I clean the housing, apply light oil to the rubber gasket and screw it on, nice and snug by hand. Open the bleeder, squeeze the bulb until no more air from the relief/bleeder on the filter housing and close it up. Next I go to the injection pump vent and start to try to open it and its open already???? It's been running with the vent open???? Seriously???? The machine seemed to run OK, with it open? Don't know how long it's been run this way? Any downfalls to running it this way? Would it use more fuel do to less performance?