1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat for strip mall sidewalks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MFD18, Sep 15, 2006.

1. MFD18

MFD18 Junior Member
    from Boston

this summer i started a part time Bobcat For Hire biz...now i am getting ready for the winter plan...

i may have a contract for 3 strip malls to clear sidewalks with my Bobcat...

i have never done snow removal with a Bobcat...i have already called my insurance agent

im thinking of asking $75/hour to clear the sidewalks...questions i have are:

1) How often or how many inches of snow do you start?...
    2) Does $75/hour sound fair for the Boston area?
    3) Any other advice other than scoping out the walkways to be cleared for obstructions/poles etc...?

Thanks
    BG

2. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

More than likely the strip malls will have an all inclusive contract with one contractor to clear the lots and the sidewalks as well.

Your best bet will be to find out who the contractor is and see if you can sub the sidewalk work for him.

The demand is out there. I deal with a lot of subs and I always have a difficult time finding sidewalk people. I dont think you'll have a problem finding work but again you should look to the contractors more.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

what model bobcat do you have?

If its 763/S160 or larger I would put a 8' protec on it. Then go be a sub for someone. That gets about $120+ an hour around here. Everyone aways need a bobcat with a snow pusher box on it. Since 1 bobcat with a push box can replace 2 trucks with plows.