1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat blowing snow piles

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IMAGE, Jan 10, 2011.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

2. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice job. Looks like you got a real nice snow storm.
  3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

That would be a nice alternative to offer clients. My only problem would be throwing it that far, it would end up burying my competitors lots or the freeway ramps.
    I have a few questions though:
    1. Can you just throttle down to not throw it so far, or does it need to run full to not jam up?
    2. What happens should you grab a piece of asphalt or a chuck of ice, do you just reverse the auger?
    3. How long would you say it took you to move that pile and does it take a lot longer if it's been sitting for say, a few weeks?

Thanks, looks like a great tool !
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Yeah we had back to back blizzards the 29th and 31st of December. Took about a week to get all the snow piles cleaned up. There are a lot of companies still hauling snow, just raking in the cash.
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

1. You can adjust the discharge shoot at the top, so you just throw it almost straight down 5-10 feet away. If you do that, you can make a pile right next to your current pile, that takes up only about 1/3 of the space. It really compacts it.

2. The hydraulics running it will come to a stop, you just back up out of the pile if you overloaded it, and it will start again. If there is something jammed, you would need to take it out manually as there is no 'reverse' to the hydraulics.

3. It took 75 minutes to move that pile. Time flies by listening to the radio :) Most of that pile was from the last 2 storms, but there was some of it from earlier in the year also, but it had been cold, so no melt/refreezes. It doesnt take much longer if the pile has been sitting. However if there is wet heavy snow in the pile, it will take longer. And salt/slush snow thats been pushed into the pile takes longer to.

That blower is a low flow, as is the machine(20gpm). I've never used a high flow blower, but I hear they are much much better.

edit: you can see in this vid how the discharge shoot is blowing it down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUFjL-Ev6w
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  6. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Thanks for taking the time Image, I think I know what I'll be shopping for this summer. 75 minutes doesn't sound bad when considering it's only 1 man & 1 machine, that you can just trailer up and go. I often times dread pile removal because of curb damage & most places are usually already whining about their bill, and then find out the real cost of moving it again. Most just don't have it in their budget anymore, and of course everyone wants paid well before I'll ever see my money.
    Thanks again, hope to see more vids! Thumbs Up

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

is that a s185? What brand blower? standard flow?
  8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

S300 Standard Flow. Its a Meteor brand Blower.
  9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

bump :drinkup:
  10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

youtube said this vid is popular,they want to pay me for it (pennies), so go click on the ads from this vid :)
  11. bruin250

bruin250 Member

Looks real nice,looks like u got a good storm there:drinkup:
  12. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Does normand build a skidsteer blower? Thats a cool video too, thanks for sharing. Did you make a decision on your tractor yet?
  13. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

Those skidsteer blowers are awesome and really efficient. Moving banks, widening roads, opening up stuff that didnt get plowed all winter, whatever, they eat it. You can put the snow exactly where you want it too. Its nice to lift it and go down into the banks. Nice add on.
  14. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Hey wewillie, yes Normand does build skid steer blowers. I just talked with another guy about them today actually. I'll PM you some info. As for tractors, I'm leaning towards the Kubota 5740 as the first 2 tractors. Using them as 'fleet starters' and then getting bigger tractors after that as needed.
  15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

16. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

we must of been typing at the same time Paul! Hows your winter been up there?
  17. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Very very busy. Finally had a day off, and its looking good for this week. Will be calling you next week. Thumbs Up
  18. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Sounds good. I'll have a new website up before then, I'll send ya the link when its done.
  19. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice videos of the skid & blower. We'll need to touch base and talk about the Normands. Looking quiet around here this week with weather. If you'd like, P.M. a contact number and I'll give you a call.