1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Blower digging in.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DaySpring Services, Feb 2, 2009.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I got my new Bobcat blower today. The thing is awesome. Only Problem im having is it's digging into the parking lot and even taking some blacktop right off. I lowered the shoes a bit. I'm going to check my tire pressure to see if I have a low tire, Am I tilting it too far forward. I dont wanna F up the blacktop!

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Is the auger taking off pavement or is it the cutting edge, either way ya got to adjust it

3. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

[​IMG]
    When I run this machine (rental), Lower the arms, then tilt the blower down just so you feel it hit the ground and then go. I dont tilt the front wheels off of the ground.

4. DaySpring Services

It's the cutting edge. Taking about a 6-8" wipe strip off :realmad: I know my right front tire has a slow leak, maybe its low making the blower not sit level.

5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Ya could be a low tire, is there a float on them there skids or do ya have to worry about down pressure?????????????

6. DaySpring Services

It has float which is what I've been using...

7. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Don't use the float. Run the arms all away down or just slightly raised and try to get a feel for when the blower is touching the pavement.. Float, in most situations, just seems to force the cutting edge into the ground and lift the machine up. As for the low tire, we've finished out projects with a complete flat before, just takes practice. Sometimes when you blow a tire off the rim at 4:am you just find away to finish.

8. DaySpring Services

Ok, I finally got it so it doesn't dig in. I had to lower the shoes all the way, now it's leaving about 1/2-1" of snow. I just cant get this thing set. I'd like to get it so it scrapes like my plow. I guess I'll haveta play around and see if I can get it set.

9. DaySpring Services

I think I finally got it right, or atleast pretty close. All of my tires needed air, I had a broken bolt on one of the shoes, and I adjusted the shoes to the 2nd from the bottom hole. Makes me feel a little better. I was getting pretty frustrated.

10. blowerman

Hmm. Can you post a pic of the shoe and cutting edge? I don't even use the shoes and haven't had any real problems with digging in.

11. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

been using a bobat with blower 5 years now, took the shoes off right away. lower the arms to the ground, level the blower and go. most drives leave 1/2 inch or so but better than digging up asphalt. once you get the hang of it you figure it out. its not like a plow where you scrape asphalt. Bob

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Funny, we had this discussion a couple times before, and most thought I was an idiot for saying float won't work for loaders with pushers or plows. Same would go for the blower.

13. blowerman

Sure, I recall a few of those arguments. The battle went on with all different opinions. I'll agree with you, simple physics and we'd have the answer. NO FLOAT...

14. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

could be a lot of things make sure you always have the arms floating too.good luck.

15. Mark Oomkes

Did you read?

You can NOT have the boom in float!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. MNBobcat

MNBobcat Junior Member

Can I ask what the problem is with using float?

17. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have found that any time you use float (while going forward) the front wheels will come off the ground. This will reduce traction and you will lose control of the amount of down pressure you are applying to you implement.

18. Mark Oomkes

Thank you, another wise person who knows whereof he speaks. :salute: