1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat articulating loaders

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jul 11, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, many of you know that my old man is looking to buy a skid steer or mini loader for around his house. We found 2 bobcat 2000 articulating loaders. 1 is a good running machine and the other is a parts machine. We can't find anything on the internet about these though. Like service manuals, or parts manuals. Has anyone used one of these or does anyone have one? I think he is going to buy these. The one could be restored like paint what not, but that would come in time. Any thoughts?

Ryan

2. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I'm not familiar with Bobcat articulating loaders. Are you talking about all wheel steer skid loaders? Is 2000 the model number or the year model?

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Back when I was in college I ran a Bobcat 2410 around campus. It was a great machine. Very fast and powerful. In the winter we had a 8' box on the front and it felt like a toy. It probably could've pushed a 12' around without any trouble but that would've been too big to maneuver around with.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

No they are about the size of a cat 904 or 902. The 2000 is the size of the machine. the 2410 was the biggest they made and it was about the size of a cat 906.

5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

My only concern would be parts & service. I don't know if Bobcat actually made them or if they were a "re-branded product". That would be what I would try to find out, it "re-brand" the main may still be around.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thats kinda what I am thinking as I can not find them anywhere on google or yahoo.

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Try fining a long time Bobcat dealer, one where the service manager has been there forever. He will know more than likely. They could've been a Kubota, Waldon, Yanmar, etc. See if you can find anything inside it. They were impressive looking machines I've seen 2, one at a large industrial complex, the other is about 1/2 mile up the road, old timer, he's a nut with his equipment (all pristine, stored insde, & near, used) he sold 2 tractors this year, resoonable both were older 2 wd, with out cabs, not what I need. If I see the Bobcat loader out for sale I'll probaly end up with it, he does use it for his drive & small parking area & has a protec on it, thats the only time I see it, I don't think the paint is scratched.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Nice, I will have to try my local bobcay dealer and see what they can come up with for us. I think it is the perfect size machine for everyday tasks around the house and plowing snow.

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

10. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

That seems steep, considering questionable parts avalability & open cab. I can get a brand new yanmar, with cab/heat for about $ 35,000.

11. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Can you say used and abused? Now my dad found a 2000 Waldon 7500 mini loader. Idk what he wants to do now. :dizzy:

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

14. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

15. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I talked to my bobcat dealer about those loaders a few years ago and they said they where a very good product and they had seen some with 6 and 8 thousand hours on them before!!!!! They also said they have a high resale.