1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat art. loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by RLM, Sep 16, 2010.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone know anything about them ? I came across one for what seems a good price. I know they're an older line.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Parts are hard to find, and expensive. When Bobcat was Owned by Melroe, they manufactured them. And not a lot of them either. Honestly I'd pass on it, and find something where parts are more easier to find.

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

X's 2....a totally failed venture by bobcat.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

There was 2 on ebay that a guy was selling, a parts machine and a so so machine. I went to my locak bobcat dealer and asked about parts and he said good luck.

5. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

If I remember correct, this was very similar to the Swingers and Coyote loaders made one similar. I had one and ended up selling it for a 2 sp skid loader. I originally wanted a backhoe. Guess I should have never bought it, because I ended up with the backhoe in the end. The 2sp skid loader is also a very nice piece of equipment. They both have their place. They will both work circles around the Bobcat articulated machine.

6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Swinger....it is similar.......I like it.............but having it worked on is a problem.....I have to take it to Indy if there is anything major.....

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks guys, I kind of figured it would be a no go. Guy has it listed for 3K, I can find full size older brand name loaders for about 9 so 3 seem OK, but if I can get parts or work done why bother.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Its not that someone wont be able to work on it. Its the fact that parts are going to be out of this world, and hard to find too. Get one a little more expensive and one where you know parts are a little more easy to find.

9. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

At $3k it might be worth the risk. Is it decent shape? They are not easy to sell, and not for everyone, but at $3k you have room even if you wanted to flip it. Find the right buyer and there is money to be made there (if it is ready to work).

10. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

We have a 2410 bobcat. It plows snow like crazy. We run a 9' power angle with a set of pro wings. So its 11' wide. The loader is definitely a pain in the a$$ to work on and parts are expensive. The other thing is the motors that are in them do not like the cold. We have a block heater and a oil pan heater. It works for us.