1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat A300 front aux hydraulic issue

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by blowsnowblow, Jan 29, 2013.

1. blowsnowblow

blowsnowblow Junior Member

i have a bobcat a300 approx. 3300 hours on it. i was using the trencher in the forward motion and needed to reverse the motion and it would not go in reverse. so basicly the front aux hydraulics only work in one direction...it is a joystick controlled unit, so the aux hydraulics are controlled by the right joystick there is a toggle like switch on top and a constant trigger on the bottom of the joystick...any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Have you tried another attachment to make sure it is not your trencher that has the issue?

3. blowsnowblow

blowsnowblow Junior Member

yes i have also hooked up the grappler bucket and it will only work in one direction...claws will only open and not close

4. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Is it throwing any ACS codes? It sounds to me like you may have a sticky valve body,and/or, a faulty actuator.

5. bobcat753

bobcat753 Junior Member
    from florida

i got the same problem in my bobcat 753

my bobcat is 753 and when i hook up the grapple it will open but not close, i allready replace the coil and the switch! i checked the wire that lead to the coil and there is no ressestanse.. how did you solved your problem?