1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat A300 finally arrived yesterday

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Dec 30, 2009.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Our A300 finally came in. Didn't have a chance to run it yet because I am too busy playing with our 988. Here are a few pics.

jccdec2709 035.jpg

jccdec2709 036.jpg

jccdec2709 037.jpg

jccdec2709 040.jpg

jccdec2709 041.jpg
  2. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Looks nice!!! What is that tank for??
  3. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

looks great! can u spray calcium out of the tank? are you going to run those tires or switch them out for the winter?
  4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'll put $$$ on a liquid wieght kit....if its for spraying then that is an extremely versatile machine!
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nice rig.

Let us know how the Kage works for you.
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Water kit for controlling dust.
  7. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

Nice i love those A 300 if you dont mined me asking how much did it cost we are planing on getting one in the spring.
  8. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like working at the gold mine is paying hansomley:drinkup:
  9. syzer

syzer Member

Nice! What size blade is that?
  10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very Nice!!! I have heard those tires do pretty well... and I can imagine the all wheel steer improving the abilities of turning with a load over reg. SS mode. Good Luck with it.
  11. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet machine!
  12. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

The machine alone was around $50k. And yes those are the water kit tanks on the side. The Kage is a 10 ft. I got the severe duty tires and studded them. I just got in from running the 988 for 13 hrs, moved 4000 tons of ore or about 400 buckets. Hopefully I'll have time to test her out soon.

Thanks again for all the compliments guys.

Here are a few more pics as well.

jccdec2709 039.jpg

jccdec2709 038.jpg
  13. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

That should be an awesome set-up you have. :salute:

I think you'll really appreciate those tires in all seasons, especially with the studs. Quite a bit of lug on the tires to stud without fear I would think.

Good Luck!
  14. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

We run an A300 at work and love it.
    I was always a Case guy and it took awhile to get used to the controls.
    Plus I wasn't really a big fan of all-wheel steering, now I don't know what we'd do without it.:nod:
  15. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Sweet, you gotta love the shiny new stuff, good luck with it.
  16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, have fun with it this winter.
  17. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Congrats KCRESS. Those Bobcats look pretty good when new. Unfortunately they get grubby pretty fast (being white and all). Good luck with it. BTW I have had some experience with attachment hoses on that machine. The hoses for my Bobcat plow were routed similarly to the way you have them on your Kage plow. The hose gets stressed at the point where the fittings (or hose ends) are. As you can see they come out straight from the hydraulic couplers and then bend down once they can begin to flex. This puts a lot of strain on the hose at the fitting collar. It is further exacerbated with movement, vibration, impacts, and cold climates. I had them repaired twice (they always broke at inopportune times) before I decided that it was not the correct way to route the hoses. I suggest that you take the straight fittings off and replace them with 90 degree bends (at the tractor end obviously). This takes the stresses off of the hoses at the collar. Once the hoses are pointed downward they can be routed through the loop on the loader arm (actually looks like some sort of tie down loop or handle, as seen in your pictures, but is made for hose routing). Once through that loop it can be routed through the next loop (that they are routed through now-only route it from the inside towards the outside). I had to make new hoses with about three more inches in length, but yours may be long enough already. Do a "dry fit" (route them in the manner I described before you do any permanent modifications) so you can tell if you need longer hoses. Since I have set mine up this way they have not had any problems.
  18. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Great!!!

Nice Kage plow!

We have alot of Wolf Plows here!
  19. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up. There is nothing like feedback from someone with the same equipment as you.
  20. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

would love to hear an update on the kage plow.