1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat 763. Lift arms 1/2 inch tweaked

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jgtools, Nov 5, 2015.

1. jgtools

jgtools Member

Any way to get the lift arms aligned, so bucket sits level. 1/2 inch off left to right. Right side bucket is higher than left when on flat surface. Thanks for your help

2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd lower the arms down to the stops to see if that's the problem or not. The attachment plate on the machine is more likely to crack from abuse over time, and may just be twisted. It needs to be straightened out before it's welded back together...........

3. jgtools

jgtools Member

Thanks. I measured lift plate mount bolts that attach plate to lift arms. Right plate bolt sits 3/4 inch lower than left side. Did the measure with machine level tires same pressure, this tells me that a lift arm is twisted /bent. ?

4. immortal.ben

immortal.ben Member

Could be that one of the pin sleeves down at the end of the arms had grenaded. Is there any slop when you quickly move dump and curl the bucket? As mentioned, it could also be one of the rests, or something is tweaked.

Might have to get out a tape measure and take measurements to see where the tweak is.

5. jgtools

jgtools Member

I removed bucket, lifted up lift arms, I can see a left to right tilt in arms. Measured, and that confirmed almost 1 inch difference. No slop or bucket play. Bushing pins seem spot on. Bummer for me,should have inspected better before buying this used machine.

6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd look for a good welding/fab shop to repair it for you.

Years ago, when I worked for my Dad, we had a Scat Track 1300 that we had the arms repaired on every year or two. Eventualy, the arms were the strongest link on the machine...........

7. immortal.ben

immortal.ben Member

If you cant find an independent shop, any good dealer should be able to fix it up.