1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat 751

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Broncslefty7, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

bobcat dealer is telling me to only use a 6 foot snow plow on my bobcat 751.... i figured an 8 might be a little too big, but at least a 7 or 7 1/2 would be perfect. any thoughts?

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

what snow depths do you plan on using it for? if your always pushing 1'+ then yes a 7.5 would be too big, but if you only push 2-3" snows then yes a 7' would be fine, maybe even the 7.5 idk exactly cause I never owner a 751

3. Broncslefty7

751 is 38 HP i think ill probly end up putting a 7 footer on it and a 8 footer on my 863

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

6ft with wings on the 751.. 8ft with wings on the 863.

5. Broncslefty7

with wings? why wouldnt you just buy a 7 ft?

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Tires will make a big difference as well
    Untill I switched last year I would have said bs but it makes a huge difference

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That's the way most people are, it seems, when you tell them that lol.

I think if the OP were to run a dedicated snow tire & add some wheel weights(or some kind of weight) he could run an 8fter on it...just don't get to far behind, and take smaller bites when its deeper snow.

Hp is rarely an issue with skids....its putting the power to the ground-(tires/weight).

8. Broncslefty7

^^ what do you think about regular kinda warn out tires and then put lugs in them?

9. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd recommend at least finding a tire groover and putting a bunch of grooves in the tires. Not sure dedicated snow tires is worth the cash outlay on such a small machine when you could buy a tire groover for about $60........

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

You mean studs? Sure, as long as theres no worries of scratching/gouging up the pavement...

This is definitely a good option....but the snow tire/rims could always be used on another/new machine if desired.

11. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

If you bought and used a groover once, I'd bet you'd be finding ways to custom-groove your snow tires every fall........:drinkup: