1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat 751 fueling problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chev_4x4, Sep 5, 2011.

1. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

I have a 751 bobcat that won't stay running. It was running fine and then it bounced over a log and sputtered and shut off. I tried restarting to no avail. Opened up the door and primed the system and got it running but it would only run a few min before shutting down again. And have not been able to get running any other way for more than a few min. Any ideas

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

what motor do you have in you 751?

3. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

Peugeot. With under 1300 hrs

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

how new is your fuel filter?

5. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

150+ hrs old I am gonna pick one up and also checking fuel pickup in the tank.

6. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

It may be your fuel pickup line.....Fill it up to the top. If it runs fine for a little bit than that's your problem. Its a pretty cheap fix.

7. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

Well it was not the filter so it goes in tomorrow to check th pickup line. Just a lil beyond my skill set I couldnt even find where the line goes in the tank. Thanks for all the help will update when she is fixed.

8. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

Well $200 later and its back up and running. The mechanic replaced old style pick up tube with new version and did a few other little things and she is back up and running like a top. Thanks for all the help.

9. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

glad to hear