1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat 751 and 753 in snow???

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by FreshGrounder1, Aug 25, 2012.

1. FreshGrounder1

FreshGrounder1 Junior Member

Just bought a pair of skids 751 and 753 bobcats. both have about 1300lb lift capacity. Wondering how big of a snow/debris bucket I can put on them for my parking lots that wont be too much for the machines??? Thanks guys, these are my first 2 skids got the pair for 12k

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I ran my 743 (1300 lb lift) with a 1 yard bucket.I think its 84" wide. Worked fine for the small condo complex I used it on. When I stacked with it I would load it anywhere from half full to overflowing depending on how heavy the snow was.

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I started with a 753, with a 74" snow bucket it was great, with the bobcat 8' angle blade so so, it had factory tires. Biggest thing with bobcats & snow is get rid off the factory tires & get narrower dedicated snows

4. FreshGrounder1

Stock tires spin that bad? Are the cheap "snow/debris" bucket on ebay ok for snow or is it a waste of money, 82in for around a grand? Thank you

5. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

I built this mount for a friends S185 bobcat and he likes it. I had put a 8' box on a S250 and had problems with tire spin if there was any ice under the snow. Big help if you add weight. 200lbs in front, 250lbs in rear.

DSC06014.JPG

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I've never used the buckets off eBay so can't comment as far as the bucket, 82" is pretty large though. Those are mid frame machines with short wheel bases. I traded my 753 which eas in showroom condition in on two used machines (773 & 873). The longer wheel base on the 773 was a little better, the 873 was much better, but if the snow was slick or ice was under it, or property was anything but level, it made it interesting, my operator was accused of being reckless at one property, when I went to check it out(watch him), he wasn't he needed the momentum to get up the drives (a lot of them had a slight incline). About 4 years ago I came across a set of 7"x15" bobcat wheels, on craigslist for $ 80, they were made by bobcat as a cheap tire set for 743's. Put traction tires on them and they are on the 873, now instead of struggling to push a 8' angle blade it will push a 10' pusher of wet snow pouring over the top with out a problem, it's a tank once you can get the power to the ground. The only downside us with that size tire on the 873, we are at max weight on the tires so you have to be aware of that. I never used them on the 773 as we now use it for loading salt. Be aware the 15"x7" come in both 8 lug and 6 lug, make sure you get the right ones.

7. FreshGrounder1

Thanks for all the input guys, curious to see how much snow we get in the mid-atlantic this winter!