1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat 743

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ActionLand, Sep 25, 2009.

1. ActionLand

ActionLand Junior Member
    from 06762

What can I expect this thing to do in terms of moving some snow? Snow bucket, plow, or can it push a small pusher? Should I go bigger? Will be primarily stationed at a 150,000 sqft parking lot thats all chopped up into smaller lots. There will also so be two other trucks (one with a 9' V and one with a 10' straight). Good deal. Homeowner used since new, less than 2000 hrs on it, cab, and can get it for 7000.

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

It will do a lot! I've always used snow bucket so not sure about a pusher or plow. My guess would be no. As long as you have truck support your golden! Sounds like a good price.

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

6 or 7 ft plow or pusher would be the limit.........My father-in-law has a 753, and I put a 8ft bobcat plow I use to have on it one winter, & it did ok....he struggled on a couple of the bigger snows we had that winter, but still was able to keep going. Buckets aren't as safe for the machine, pavement, or operator. Unless your doing alot of stacking/carrying or loading, the plow or pusher will be more productive and ALOT safer....but its still nice to have the standard bucket parked with the machine all winter. In fact, I have a bucket that I am trying to sell, and if it dosent sell by winter, I am thinking of making a custom snow bucket out of it.