1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat 642 Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bh115577, Nov 10, 2009.

1. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced service manual for 642 bobcat with a ford gas motor??? Would like to have it on disc but paper will work. Have found some online but are very pricey.

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i always seem to find my manuels on ebay,

3. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

buckwheat,
    I found a few on ebay, all paper versions, holding out for a disc or download but can't wait too much longer. Many melted wires to repair and a wiring diagram would help a lot.

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

have you considered just talking to your local bobcat dealer? i run Case skidsteers, and when i run into things like that, they usually help me out by photo copying any info i need. they know i am going to be coming to them for parts

5. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

tried that. our local dealer seems to only want to bring it into thier shop. i really want to have the manual for any other repairs that might come up. i have my own repair business and the dealer knows it, thats why they don't want to give me the info. can't really blame them i guess. we all have to eat.

6. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

where in NY are you? my local dealer is great, they will sell me the parts and explain how to install them if I don't know how... Most of the time I let them do the work as they are very reasonble in price...

7. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

PG,
    I am just outside Syracuse. I might have a lead on what I am looking for. Thanks