1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat 440B or Toro Z-500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KSlandscaper, Oct 9, 2011.

1. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

I can't decide which would be better for use on residential driveways and long runs of sidewalks, either a blade on a Bobcat 440B skidsteer or a blade on a Toro Z-500 mower.

I currently do not have a blade on either. The Bobcat does not have aux hydraulics. I figure a good plow for the Toro would run near $1000, nearly the same to fab a plow for the Bobcat that would angle.

2. iceman1

iceman1 Senior Member

The bobcat will make marks on the walks and if you get offthe walks and onto the grass with the bobcat you are going to have a bunch of turf damage. By a mibar for your z mower they are the best blades on the market. I can get you a great deal on one. I am a dealer and end user. Thanks, chad 513-678-1597 Chad@obersons.com
  3. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

Interesting you mention the mibar. I was just looking at them online, looks like they'd work fairly well. I will have to contact you! Could you PM me with what a 60" standard blade woudl cost with a bracket to fit the mower?

Would you recommend my z-500 60" mower for use w/ plow, or my z-149 52"?