1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat 2 speed trans

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Dec 13, 2007.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hi guys,
    i have a fairly new to me bobcat S250 that i bought used. how can i tell if i have a 2 speed trans IF the switch on the right handle isn't working? in other words i'm wondering if my machine has a 2 speed trans and that maybe the "solenoid" or switch to activate it doesn't work...how would i know?
    tia,
    steve

ps...does anyone know if a 2 speed trans is a straight bolt in replacing the single speed ? OR is there a forum elsewhere that could answer that?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

our s250 actually has 2speed on a sticker on the back of the lift frame.

3. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

I have never been in a S 250 but I have run a A 300 extensively. In the a 300 there is a rabbit/turtle button on the left joy stick and a speed adjuster on the right joy stick. And in the pannel in the upper right hand of the cab the is a rabbit that appers when it is in high gear. I belive it would have to be more than just a seliniod that controlls the 2 speed

4. xtreem3d

you may be right...i assumed because all you do is move the rabbit switch is was an electrical solenoid...my joystick has the rabbit ect but i thought they all did, i may have the light on dash but if it's not working it wouldn't light up , was hoping there was something idetifying a 2 speed on the trans itself..... no sticker that i can remember
    steve

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Mine says 2 speed right on the back also.

6. xtreem3d

back of machine door?, back of engine ?

7. DaySpring Services

It would be right above where it says S250.

8. Otto

Otto Junior Member

I heard they just started offering a 2-speed S250. I would guess yours is not, if it doesn't have the sticker on it.

9. xtreem3d

the problem is the previous owner removed all decals and put his own on. i removed his and put back the factory S250 logo

10. DaySpring Services

I wonder if you get your Vin number and call a dealer, They might be able to look it up and find out everything it has.