1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bob

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gmck352005, Dec 1, 2012.

1. gmck352005

gmck352005 Junior Member

I have 2005 GMC K35 4x4 dump truck with EX 80 Sno dogg ,truck sits low in front to start but with plow up......real low.I thought about spring over shocks and or torsion bar reset.Any ideas on the safest way.I also haul with dump with plow on.Thanks ,Bob

2. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

I have same problem on my 03 with the 9.2 boss, i turn the torsion bars up, or you can get a leveling kit for the front which is just differant keys for the bars.

ebay has the keys and usually pretty cheap, i have a set that i got from my local chevy dealer accessorie dude.

Luke

3. gmck352005

gmck352005 Junior Member

Thanks for the info..I will lube the bolts and work on it before the weather changes.Thanks again ,Bob

4. gmck352005

gmck352005 Junior Member

Turned up torsion bar bolts,also trimmed extra metal from plow undercarraige mount, (Shop that put plow on did not,also no rubber grommet on control wire at firewall,rubbed threw) WOW nice clearance now. Thanks for the reply,Bob

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  6. gmck352005

gmck352005 Junior Member

Thanks for all the info..Went to local shop ( Chuck's custom Truck in Medina) He knew what happened first off..The place the plow was installed was snowdogg dealer with limited knowledge...Truck sat low even before plow was installed.Then when they installed plow carraige,never trimmed extra on universal bracket so it was about 3" from the ground.Chucks re set torsion bars then trimmed brackets.Now truck sits level and doesnt bottom out and hang up.Thanks again,Bob