1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bob Evans...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by procuts0103, Nov 3, 2013.

1. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Anyone plow them? I have been working with the manager for 2 months now trying to get answers on the contract. She keeps saying Im waiting on my area manager? WTF. Are they contracted through a management co. If anyone knows please let me know...

Thanks,

Mario

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I bid on a few through a management company called Advantage Facility Source. Not sure where in Ohio you are, but they might have the ones in your area.

3. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

I plowed our local one for most of last winter for another contractor. It's run by a management company. Don't think they pay very well, the one I was doing was a one acre lot and think they only had budgeted somewhere around $3k for the winter, that was salt and sidewalks as well. Didn't end up plowing it the whole winter, contractor I was doing it for said he didn't have any money left to pay, and we had a light winter.

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Mmmmmmm I could really go for one of their Country Fried Steaks right now, with mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy.... wish we had them around here, I have to go to Niagara Falls, NY just to get to one!!! tymusic

As for $3k a year, you wouldn't catch me doing it, the lot there is huge, more like $3k per month!

5. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

That's what I said. Friend had called and asked me to plow it for him, gave him my price, and everything was good till January when he called and said that my prices were killing him. Told him he was aware of what I was charging him each time, and he was good with it. Stopped plowing it after that.

6. derekbroerse

The thing about a Bob Evans restaurant.... its full of silver and white hair!!!! NOT the kind of place you want to risk a slip and fall, since such things can be fatal for seniors!! Why would they be so cheap?

7. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

I did mine here locally until I lost them to brickman, they were a great customer

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's because all you Canadians come over and split a meal and drink only water,not much profit there!:D

9. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^This^^^^^

LOL!

10. derekbroerse

Hahahaha heyyyyyy I resemble that remark!!! Actually, I don't, I spend quite a bit of money in the US, AND I believe in tipping well too! Water? What's that? :drinkup:

11. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

Probably because you may be the 2nd or 3rd in line as these are handed down from one sub to another. I plowed 4-5 of them in Columbus last year one morning because we were done, they were begging, offered good money, their contractor was "broke down", and they were within blocks of where I already had trucks. Knew it was likely I wouldn't get paid.....I didn't. Talked to original contractor later, he hadn't been paid either. They even called later after me cussing 5 people out in their offices asking to plow again. I went back during next snow and buried front sidewalk before they opened. Different Company calling this year asking to sub them. They are all a joke.

12. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

i just found out that around here fernandino had them last year, the gentleman I spoke with said they owed him 10k for services and he just settled with them for 2500

13. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

sounds right to me, those guys are filthy liars and are ruthless. I know other Companies locally who had same issues. The 5-6 hundred they owed me wasn't enough to get your blood pressure up about.

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Guess that's why I didn't bother calling back when they left a message for me this year.

15. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

The last two years Bob Evans F'd Brickman and then Ferrandino...lawsuit with Brickman and them still in the courts. The new sucker is Merritt (Lipinski). This will go about as well as the contract between Walmart and USM. Bob Evans is such a bottom feeder ever SMS doesnt want to service them.

16. BLMsnow-removal

BLMsnow-removal Junior Member

Some if not all Corporate Bob Evans are managed via Merit Service Solutions. I have worked with them in regard to summer services(fairly new rest) and have nothing but positive experience. As far as snow or winter services I haven't an idea.

17. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

The contract is a joke! They screwed me last year for 75 tons of salt! (we did 3 of them). They wanted salted after every plow etc. then about a month into the season decided to go salting by request only. I got a request for bid and gave them good numbers (I thought) and haven't heard back in a few weeks. Ours read you can only do a full plows and sidewalks between 3am-5am and 3 plows max during a 24hr period. So that tells me that even though the "contract" stated every 2" your hands were tied and you could be stuck pushing 10" at the price of 2". I love how these companies try to "save them money" by creating such stupid guide lines. GOD! Keep it simple stupid! Its snow, it needs plowed, its icy, salt melts ice......give us your best price to do each service and be done with it!

18. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

I don't think it's under a management co. Still haven't heard back yet....

19. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

They email every week asking for a bid, to cheap i don't waste my time with the paperwork

20. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

They do AFS