1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bo to fastI

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plow north, Nov 18, 2010.

1. plow north

plow north Member

I have a boss that seems to move way to fast .Up &down is ok but putting each wing in v position. it move pretty quick what may the problem & what is the fix
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

they all move fast
  3. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Yea that will happen. Is this your first Boss?
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I just bought a new one with smart locks. It moves slower.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull both wing retract valves from the manifold and remove the restrictor orifice discs from each one and sell them to the OP. They were added a while back due to complaints from new/first time Boss users that the wings were too fast. A plow that's too fast...like there is such a thing. :D
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Seriously, I'll swap with you if you want a slower plow.
  7. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I say that you just learn to use it the way it is... why would you want to give up something that is more productive and try and make it less productive? Do you get paid hourly? haha not trying to be mean but thats like someone asking for worse gas mileage.. why make it worse? lol
  8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

are the wings retracting to fast or is the plow dropping to fast? or is it the other way around.