1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blue stone Drive way?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowmedic23, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Plowmedic23

Plowmedic23 Junior Member

Had a Client ask me to do a large Blue Stone Slate Drive way.. Was going to pay a nice penny for the clean up. I honestly turned the Job down since I've never Plowed over Slate before.. was thinking about using the shoes... I have a steel cutting edge would you need a poly cutting edge for this?

Thanks for the input!!!

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

They definitely have money, what town is that? I wouldnt plow it with steel either. Maybe a rubber pusher or poly like you said

3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

You need this.

4. Plowmedic23

Where else but the Hampton's lol :laughing: I should have Used a leaf blower

5. Plowmedic23

Whoa!! Thats awesome!

6. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

probably the poly edge would scratch it up anyway. probably would use a poly brush and poly shovels, shovel all but the last inch and then brush. Blue stone is very soft, so I would probably keep trucks off it anyway