1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BLOWOUT Sale @ Chevy Dealer!!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by EGLC, Nov 4, 2008.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

thats pretty cheap.

3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

It's gonna have to be cheaper for it to go. That is one ugly truck. Sheez.

4. bribrius

very true.
    something about the new front ends i cant seem to get used too.

5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

that's a good price. I'm not crazy about the front ends as much either, the GMC is more appealing. I'm going out to dinner at a restaurant right near there soon tonight, maybe I'll stop by to see it.

6. bribrius

the ugly ones always look better in the dark.

7. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

that isnt that cheap. around here there is a dealer that has about 10 2500hds brand new with 8 foot plows, selling them for 20,000

8. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

My boss just bought a brand new truck work package but it's a crew cab and he got it out the door for $20,000, but obviously different areas have different prices. Doesn't seem like a bad price though.

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I like it. Too bad I'm not in a position for a new truck. I'd go get it.

10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

well for around here thats a steal.....you can't get a new truck with a plow for a penny less then $23k

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

And after 12 beer. LOL

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Can't see the front end from the driver's seat. Put a nice big plow on the front to hide it.

I wouldn't have any problem driving that truck and the price just makes me sick. That truck is 30 plus here.

13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

So I should buy like 10 of these trucks and bring them up to CA and sell them for $25k? lol

14. Jon Schuler

Jon Schuler Member

Hey wannabe, was it an 08? 4 by 4? Got a couple dealers looking for on for me and they say they dont have any????

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There are a lot of small independent dealers buying US trucks and selling them here for a good profit. We are not allowed to buy new GM/Chev trucks from US dealers.

16. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

well I'm not a dealer so I guess I'd have to sell them as "used" lol......probably not a bad idea either if you have the time....

17. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Who's the dealer? May be worth a drive to check that out.

18. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Definitly a good idea if you have the time. I never knew we couldn't buy new from US dealers. This is what I'd do:

1) Put a $1000 deposit on the truck (tell them to give you 7 days to pick it up)
    2) List the truck for sale here for $28k on craigslist/kijiji/trader.ca
    3) Find a buyer, explain the situation.
    4) Pay their flight down and give the truck a full tank of fuel (won't make you bankrupt anymore)
    5) Collect the cheque, pick up the truck, give it to the buyer.
    6) Grab a beer and smile.
    7) Repeat

19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

lol that is not a bad idea at all!

20. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Yeah, whats the return on investment if you put $1000 down and make $5-8000? PRETTY FLIPPIN' GOOD IMO!!

Even if the 7 days is up and you need to buy the truck, its some decent side cash.