1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blown tranny!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ScnicExcellence, Dec 24, 2008.

1. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

i have been awake since yesturday at 9 am and have been doing some snow clearing. it is now 2pm truck died at 1:00 pm

i get a call at five am to do some sub work for $60 an hour

sure sounds good about 8 hours work.

i do about 4 hours of work and then off to the next lot get going down the road and tranny starts slipping. ok sure i wil take it slow and pull over and check er out. i got to the lights down the street about 500 meters away from the gas station. about 1500 meters from my house.

the truck starts to slip really bad at the lights moves just enough to pull over on the side of road and shut it off. i do that and shut er off. i went to get tranny fluid and fill her up to full mark. put truck through gears to get the fluid to go through tranny.

then shes gets going a bit but starts slipping badly only about 500 meters from my house.
    i couldn't make it up a small hill and decided to leave it alone and check the fluid again little low so i top er up and get in begin to put through gears and then bam the fluid shoots out the tranny like it was humans in a fire in a building.

i park the truck and then tow it home with chains and my explorer.

freaking sucks i had like another 4 to 6 hours left with that contract and then another contract popped up for the oppourtunity to grab and i am missin on that about another $150 on top of the 4 to 6 hours of work lost.

The tranny is a th400 and i got it from the wreckers with a 90 day warranty. do you think the warranty will cover this? hopefully don't want to spend another 600 bux on that thing.
    took forever to take out and put back in as well. son of a b!tch.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Dude I think you are preaching to the choir here. EVERYONE here has felt your pain.

I have been having similar problems, when it rains it pours.

3. daninline

daninline Senior Member

sounds to like you drove it with way to low of a fluid level. You said it started slipping and you kept driving that was the end right there. Was there tranny fluid even showing on the stick?
    I think your SOL time for new parts in that bad boy

4. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

there was fluid at first when i check it when i went out. i topped it up before i left my house.

i did my work then this happened it started slipping but was still alright only slipped when try to give er.

then she stopped at the lights as i said i pulled it over left it there check the fluid level. no fluid showing on stick. so i filled it up and it started driving a bit and then it spilled the beans down the road. so i guess i have to wait untill the wrecker is open again to get another one. hopefully they do give me another one.