1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blown relay

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hotrod7, Jan 29, 2004.

1. hotrod7

hotrod7 Junior Member

hello everone i just got into the plowing buss. this year. finally got some snow here. I have western plow with uni-mount on a 03 f250. After useing the plow for a few hours on low beam the relay on the plow lights went bad, then went to the high beams and the same thing happened. had to replaced both relays. checked wiring no wear in any of the wires. the wiring harness was professanal installed by western desper. any one had this problem or any idea what might have caused it. called dealer they are not sure either.:drinkup:

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it. it isnt your problem if its under warranty. :D :D

3. hotrod7

hotrod7 Junior Member

I about an hour drive from the dealer and have not got the time to get there this week, and another storm coming in, got to sleep sometime. if new relays hold out will not have to worry about it just that maybe someone had this prombel them self with a quick fix.