1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blown MVP hydraulic hose, other issues to look for?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by K.C.C., Jan 8, 2015.

1. K.C.C.

K.C.C. Junior Member

Last night I hit an old garage foundation that was buried in the snow and blew the hydraulic hose to the left angle cylinder on my pro plus. I no longer have angle controls and I can easily angle the plow either direction by hand. I'm obviously going to replace the hose but I was wondering if there was anything else I should look at before going back out?
  2. K.C.C.

K.C.C. Junior Member

Sorry guys, I know the title of the post says MVP but this is on my Pro Plus. I clearly didn't proof read before I submitted.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Hopefully you didn't get any snow in the system. Might just do a full drain of the fluid anyway. And plow oil not atf.
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You should be able to just replace your hose and refill the reservoir. A bit of moisture may have gotten in but chances are it will still be in the hose that you are going to discard. Just replace the hose, top up the fluid and then run it through all the functions, to get the air out, and then check the level again. it usually takes three times filling, running and checking before all the air is out. After that your blade will be ridged again.

If you haven't changed your fluid in a year or two now would be the time... and as DieselSS said, use the blue plow fluid.