1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blown fuses

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by csx5197, Feb 3, 2007.

1. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

I have a SHO-ME mini light bar. When it is plugged into the auxilary power or cigarette lighter and I have been using the plow for a little while it seems to make the fuse blow. Any ideas on how to solve this?

2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I have the same problem & so does my Fathe-in-law. I even tried a bigger fuse & it still did it, just a little longer. :cry: It's no fun changing that thing out in the snow either.

3. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Actually the lightbar causing the problem is a Star bar Halogen Dual Rotator mini-lightbar, not the Sho-me LED. For you chevy guys do you think we should just try to wire it into the pre-wired warning light switch thats in the dash? How easy/time consuming is that?

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I did it to my Silverado a few weeks ago. It was a very easy thing to do. Took me all of 15 minutes or so to do it. If that bar sucks that much juice, you may even want to throw an in-line fuse in there as well. There was a big thread in the Chevy forum on this install. Try searching it, I think it was called roof strobe install on 06' 2500hd or something to that effect

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007