1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blown cummins engine

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgefreak, Sep 26, 2004.

1. dodgefreak

dodgefreak Junior Member

thanks for the info...

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Not sure what you mean? :confused:

3. dodgefreak

dodgefreak Junior Member

i posted twice (boss)...

i have a blown cummins 99' (24 valve); one exhaust and intake valve each snapped in half inside the first (front) cylinder...normal driving down the road, etc, etc, etc...when do the oil pumps fail on these???anybody know? arent they gear driven? i dont really have a clue how this could have happened unless someone slipped me a mickey in the fuel tank that i am unaware of.... :eek:

4. njxc500

njxc500 Junior Member

I know I had a couple bent push tubes, as cummins calls them, it took them about an hour to fix that, so I wouldn't go as far as to call it blown. I thought you meant you put twin setups on it. Good Luck.

Nick

5. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Member
    from Vermont

I can only recommend a couple of great sites.

www.tdr1.com Discussion forums are free.

www.nwbombers.com located out west

www.dieseltruckresource.com a lot of info about diesels

these sites have helped me out with my diesel motor to no end. The people know their stuff and are willing to help anyone anywhere if possible. They may be able to help you find a different motor.

6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

hi
    as far as the oil pump it is run off of the cam timing gear and we had a 97 12v that went sour on us well actually bout 5 miles after no oil psi we was able to get off the road and had it towed, put new pump on and still going now at 170,000 i have a 02' with twin turbo's ats 2pc manifold straight 5" exhaust, altered Bosch fuel pump, bigger intercooler diesel dynamics injectors, poweredge module, second lift pump, etc. as well as southbend clutch on my third one supposed to hold 600+hp :gunsfiring: although never been dyno'ed, truck runs good and i have 21,000 miles on it and never an engine prob.