1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blown "C" Valve Again??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wsmm, Feb 21, 2011.

1. wsmm

wsmm Member

I think my "C" valve maybe gone again. We had warm weather, which resulted in a partial thaw and then 8" of snow. Was plowing my dirt drive when my plow dug in and brought the truck to a quick stop. No real warning, happened quick. Now my plow will lift and lower fine but will only angle left, no right angle. It seems like this happens every time we get a thaw and then snow right after.

Is there any other manufacturer that has less of a problem with this. If not is there a good solution, as this "C" valve is NOT inexpensive. This is probably my third "C" valve and I've also replaced the crossover valve once. This is the first time it went on me, the other times it happened when my brother in law was using my rig.

Also does any one have a good place to buy Meyers parts that has good prices and reasonable shipping.

Right now, I'm fitting to get the coupler on the extended ram to disconnect, it appears to be stuck tight. Figure if I can get it loose I'll connect the two cylinders together and straighten the blade and then use my angle pin on the blade until I can get a new "C" valve or determine what the problem is.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. flagstaffnewbie

flagstaffnewbie Junior Member

Try contacting/ checking out smith brothers plow parts online, Meyer is their specialty.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Everybody sells Meyer parts online.

You should have your unit rebuilt by a pro with a bench. Meyer units are susceptible to swelling C valves if the crossover relief is improperly adjusted, something that requires specialized equipment to do.

Could be you (or your brother in law) is trying to move too much mass. Heavy impact when the plow is not sitting tightly against the angle stops is the most common source of the Hydraulic surge that swells the barrel.

4. flagstaffnewbie

flagstaffnewbie Junior Member

I agree however, this individual runs an actual shop and services Meyer products specifically. Chuck Smith, the individual that runs the web site, has the most extensive background regarding Meyer products that I have found yet. That is why I was suggesting checking into them.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I meant no disrespect for chucks abilities. He would be an excellent choice to rebuild the pump. I just answered the OP's question