1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blown bulbs falling apart

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mow 4 u, Feb 14, 2009.

1. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

I have a new style 8.2 Boss Poly v. Started to have problems with bulbs blowing (low beam only). Also have had 2 of the reflective covers that fit over the beams fall out of their holders.I have 2 style plows and 3 of the 4 lites have lost these covers.Easy enough to change, just doesnt seem like this should be happening. Anyone had these problems????

2. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

How did you put the reflective cover back on? My boss dealer said the only fix was to put a whole new headlight on and thats what I got. They said they've been having problems with them. I was gonna try to fix it myself but I didnt want to break the tabs on the clear cover so I called my dealer.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's a known issue and Boss has had a service bulletin out on the matter for two months. See your dealer for the updates.