1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blowing the Tranny

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by boston41, Aug 28, 2010.

1. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

Anybody ever blow their tranny plowing with a toyota. I know this is a stupid question, but instead of buying a newer truck to plow with I just want throw one on my trunda that I have now. Living in Boston we can get some heavy wet snow. my buddy is tryin to talk me out of it but then again he runs an 08 F350 diesel.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The things I could post with that thread title!

3. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Effing hilarious grandview:laughing:

4. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

Hahaha I have to tip my hat to you on that one. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

5. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

LOL thats good but... Listen to your buddy!!

6. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

old or new style tundra? if its just for your driveway fine. 1/2 tons die quick going commercial. new one atleast has a v8 with some balls.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Is it the 1st or 2nd generation Tundra? Are you planning on plowing comercialy? If it's a 1st generation don't bother putting a plow on it becouse they only make lght duty plows for them. But if it's a 2nd generation you can put a good 7.5 comercial plow on it. I have a 2010 Tundra 4.6L Double Cab 4x4 with a 7.5' Fisher and it plows great. I have zero regrets buying it and putting a plow on it.

8. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

10 pointer!:laughing::laughing::laughing: