1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blowing snow and residentials....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by daveintoledo, Jan 30, 2007.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

not enough snow to charge by the year here, have to charge per event, these are my mowing customers also, 3-4 iches today, the snow is over but blowing snow advisories are in effect, if i remove snow now, they will probably need done again tomarrow, should i wait to remove snow, or go ahead and do it....none of them are going anywhere today, all too old to work...... and i really make the money from them as mowing clients so i try and be careful with spending there money....

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would go take care of them now. Since you say they are older clients, what if one of them has a problem in the house and needs an ambulance to come get them? It will make it very hard for them to get in fast and help. Or what if they have doctor's appointments,etc? I would most definatly go take care of them. Or if you feel it necessary, call them to make sure they dont have to get out today. You just never know when something can happen.

3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I think I would give them a call. Say I am going out to take care of some properties and here is the situation. You might be surprised and they will want it done. Just gives them a peace of mind know they can get out if need be.

4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Deffinetly call them, tell them that it's windy and it will blow back, and ask if it is alright to wait or do it now.

5. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Dave...you sound like a decent guy that doesn't want to gouge his elderly customers....I am the same way.......Give them a call. Thats the best bet....and it shows that you worry about their welfare.

6. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

thanks for the help..`

i did call them and all but one said to come on out today, only one said wait till tomarrot... thanks again

7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

you dont understand how this works do you, okay you have snow on the ground, you go and plow. If it blows tomorrow, then call and ask if they want it done again. If you are going to get 5 snow storms in a row, do you call and say, mrs. Johnson, do you want me to wait till its done snowing next friday to clear your driveway so i dont make any money and you only get charged once???????

8. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

maybe you dont get it...

these few customers, not all of them, get some special treatment from me, for one, they spend alot of money on mowing and landscaping, and dont have much to begin with, we have so little snow around here it is a very small portion of my revinue. For these few old ladies in there 80s and 90s, for me this is more kindness and helpful ness then profit generation.

all my other customers get cleared at two inches no questions asked...thanks..

9. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Thank you Dave, GOOD answer! Hippy