1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blowing relays

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by hotrod7, Jan 5, 2006.

1. hotrod7

hotrod7 Junior Member

I have a 8' Western pro uni-mount on an 03 f250. The plow was professional installed at a western dealer. Once or maybe twice a year I blow a relay on the high beam and or the low beam any ideas why. Dealer checked out and said wiring ok. just one of thosed things. Anyone else experience this problem purplebou
  2. KeeblerBP

KeeblerBP Member

I have the same problem with my 94 chevy. I always blow the high beam headlight relay. I was told it is from plugging the plow in when the trucks headlights are on. I usually forget this at least once a year. I heard it snap the first time I hooked the plow up this year and then the truck lights, instead of the plow lights come on when I switch to high beams. Relays are an easy, cheap fix but its still annoys me to have to replace them all the time.
  3. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

That's interesting, with the Isolation Module they actually tell you in the manual to plug and unplug the harness while the lights are on to test if it switches over.