1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blowing out fluid

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Tony350, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I thought this was normal until I checked my uncles plow. We both have 8.5 ultramounts and ever since my was new, after you run the plow for a while and then check the fluid it will shoot fluid out of the hole on to the grill of the truck and everything. I know when you ad fluid the ram has to be pushed in and the fluid filled to the threads, same when you check it. I checked my uncles when we were almost done plowing and his didn't do it. I checked with one western dealer he said you just need to open it slowly, but I don't get why there is pressure at all. Any ideas?

2. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

Your uncles pump has a leak, If you are checking your fluid when the pump is hot it is the air inside that expands when heated, thereby escaping when you remove the plug. Your uncles pump is allowing this pressure to escape. He should keep an eye on his fluid to assure that water is not getting in to the oil(milky color).

:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc

3. LON

LON Senior Member

do both have the gray plastic duckbill breather? The duckbill breather holds 6psi of vacuum on the system, IIRC.

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

His oil isn't milky I think he has a different breather his plow was bought 2 years earlier. Thank you for the help now I don't have to worry about it.

5. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

No worry's :)

:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc