1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blowing (IGN RUN) Fuse

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by wls, Mar 6, 2010.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

Have a 94 dodge and I keep blowing the 40 IGN RUN fuse, under the hood. At 1st I thought it was something to do with the plow wiring, but have ruled that out. I have checked under the dash, can't really see any bare wires, moved them around etc. I started eliminating things like the starter, took it completly off, figured it was shorted out, I could move the terminal where the battery wire hooked on. I have made a makeshift jumper wire instead of blowing the $5.00 ones, but there only 30 amp, instead of the 40 that is required, but the 40's blow just as fast as the 30's LOL I also had a hot wire going to my Gall's switch panel, unhooked that also. The only wires that are coming off my batterys are what came from the factory. It never should any hints of something going bad. Any ideas?? Thanks

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Look for a cluster of relays under the hood of the truck. I am wondering if the one which operates the power to the coil is full of salt/debris. Thus going to dead short!!! Had the same issue with a w350 in the past ..... Not sure exactly where the relay is on that model, but while you are at it hit all the electricial with some electricial grease.
  3. wls

wls Senior Member

was'nt a relay, but a bare wire, the electric window, where it goes behind the door panel